|Page (1) of 1 - 06/30/14||email article||print page|
LUMOS SmartHub Provides New Standard in Classroom Connectivity; Launches Crowdfunding Campaign to Help Bring Product to Market
SALT LAKE CITY, June 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Solving the problem of expensive and platform-specific media hubs, LUMOS Technologies (http://golumos.com/), has launched the SmartHub through Indiegogo. The LUMOS SmartHub is an easy-to-implement, operating-system agnostic way to incorporate all technology in the classroom from speakers to projectors.
LUMOS has launched an Indiegogo campaign with a goal of $50,000 to help bring the project to market. The company is taking a unique approach to its crowdfunding campaign by giving teachers and administrators unique URLs that allow them to campaign to get a LUMOS SmartHub and do micro crowdfunding. Educators can pledge to the main campaign or set up their own sub-campaign. For complete details on this crowdfunding approach please visit https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lumos-smarthub.
"In the hands of an engaged, dedicated educator technology is a tool that can open a window to a wealth of knowledge and opportunity for students," said Shane Cox, CEO and founder of LUMOS Technologies. "Our product makes it easy for educators to incorporate all classroom technologies into one place whether it is an iPad, Android tablet or Microsoft 8.1 device. This allows them to focus less time fixing simple technical issues and using the technology they have invested in and are comfortable with."
LUMOS SmartHub features include:
- Built-in WiFi Broadcasts its own wireless network eliminating connectivity issues.
- Wide Range of Connections Includes HDMI and VGA inputs and outputs for older projectors or non-wireless peripherals.
- Remote Control with any Tablet Android and iOS app provides complete control of the SmartHub.
- Wireless Video The ability to mirror or stream content to your projector from any tablet or computer.
- High Definition Audio Sound is broadcast on up to four ceiling mounted speakers.
- Cross Platform Compatibility Mac or PC/ iPad or Android tablet compatible.
- Microphone PA System A wireless microphone is provided for use over in-classroom speakers.
The Lumos SmartHub was recently named Grand Prize winner of the 2014 Southern Utah General Technology "Concept to Company" Contest. The main objectives of the contests are to encourage and support Utah's entrepreneurial innovators with the intent of helping them turn their concepts into a company.
The LUMOS SmartHub is being featured simultaneously at both the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) 2014 Conference and the National Charter Schools Conference at the end of June 2014.
About LUMOS Technologies, LLC
The LUMOS SmartHub is an in-classroom technology hub for teachers and educators. It's operating system agnostic and can be used with iOS and Android devices to display lessons, apps and other visual teaching elements. For more information visit http://golumos.com.
SOURCE LUMOS Technologies
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Mac, Android, OS9, OSX, Teachers, Other,