|Page (1) of 1 - 06/03/14||email article||print page|
Marvell Offers Full Range of Internet of Things Solutions with Industry's Most Complete Line of Wireless Microcontroller Platform
SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) today unveiled the industry's most complete line of silicon platform solutions targeting the full range of Internet of Things (IoT) applications including: wearables, home automation, home security, personal healthcare, smart appliances, accessories and remote controls, automotive, lighting, industrial Internet, and more. The new wireless product family, featuring Marvell's EZ-Connect software platform, includes: the MW300 Wi-Fi microcontroller, the MB300 Bluetooth microcontroller, and the MZ100 ZigBee microcontroller. These best-in-class silicon solutions leverage Marvell's decade-long leadership in developing embedded wireless solutions, including Marvell's successful Kinoma platform for connected devices and IoT. Marvell's new offerings are specifically designed to make it easy for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to rapidly bring new, innovative IoT applications to market.
The new system-on-chip (SoC) solutions are powered by Marvell EZ-Connect Software and supported by a vast ecosystem of partners. Marvell's EZ-Connect Software provides production-ready software for industry standard communication protocols. Complete with easy-to-use software development kits (SDKs) and application programming interfaces (APIs), the EZ-Connect Software enables developers to leverage the full potential of a built-in microcontroller on the SoC solutions. With Marvell's complete IoT platform solution, developers are able to save months of software development efforts and can focus their energy and resources on bringing innovative services and applications to consumers and end users through their IoT devices.
"Marvell is proudly powering the 'Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle' through flexible, energy-efficient platforms that enable our customers and partners to deliver new and innovative connected products in the rapidly growing Internet of Things market," said Philip Poulidis, Vice President and General Manager, Mobile and Internet of Things Business Units at Marvell. "Marvell's latest system-on-chip solutions offer unparalleled advantages for home automation, LED lighting control, remote control, healthcare monitoring and other applications. Marvell's EZ-Connect delivers the industry's highest level of integration to significantly improve performance, lower power consumption, and reduce the total bill of materials."
"Marvell's track record powering the Smart Lifestyle underscores the company's value proposition of bringing to market best-in-class technologies that fuel the proliferation of connected devices," said Larry Cornett, analyst at GigaOm and product strategy and design consultant for Brilliant Forge. "The promise of the Internet of Things is beginning to be realized, and we can expect to see more applications come online this year with companies, like Marvell, offering complete connectivity solutions at the core."
MW300 Wi-Fi microcontroller is the industry's first true single-chip SoC with 802.11n Wi-Fi and full-featured microcontroller, and features the following key benefits:
- Low-power optimizations enabling deep low-power states and reduced power-consumption in active modes to enable battery-powered applications
- Very low RBOM requiring only a single crystal, QSPI flash, and antenna with a single input power rail
- Easy interfacing to sensors, actuators, and other components via a full set of I/O interfaces including SPI, I2C, UART, I2S, PWM, ADC, DAC reducing extra components and PCB footprint
- Enable audio and video streaming in any IoT device via a powerful Cortex-M4F CPU with DSP and Floating point support, large SRAM, and high-speed USB 2.0 OTG interface supporting USB Video (UVC) and Audio (UAC)
Marvell EZ-Connect Software for Wi-Fi microcontroller provides the following key benefits:
- Easy Wi-Fi provisioning for headless devices via Marvell's proprietary provisioning
- Built-in integrations with leading IoT cloud-service providers and complete set of middleware components supporting industry standard web standards including HTTP, TLS/SSL, BSD Sockets, Web-Sockets, JSON and XML parsers to integrate with your cloud service
- Over-the-air (OTA) firmware upgrade support that can be added to any application with just a few lines of code
- Flexible communication models enabling P2P applications, device-to-device communications, seamless integration with mobile clients and cloud-services, and secure deployments
- Multi-layered security enabling secure deployments and preventing compromising of user's privacy
- Field-tested, production quality software coupled with support for all aspects of manufacturing including testing and certifications enable rapid time-to-market
MB300 Bluetooth microcontroller is industry's first true single-chip SoC with dual-mode Bluetooth 4.1 support and integrated microcontroller and features the following key benefits:
- Concurrent Bluetooth Classic and Smart operation
- Built-in voice capability with high-resolution ADC and direct connection to microphone
- Very low system RBOM requiring only a single crystal and antenna
- Easy interfacing to sensors, actuators, and other components via a full set of I/O interfaces including SPI, I2C, UART, I2S, PWM, ADC, DAC and ACOMP, IR, Keyscan, and Touch Button reducing external components and PCB footprint
MZ100 ZigBee microcontroller is industry's most advanced single-chip SoC with 802.15.4/ZigBee and integrated microcontroller and features the following key benefits:
- Industry best RF performance with 10+dB link-budget margin compared to other solutions available in the market
- Best co-existence with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Very low system RBOM requiring only a single crystal and antenna
- Easy interfacing to sensors, actuators, and other components via a full set of I/O interfaces including SPI, I2C, UART, PWM, ADC, DAC and ACOMP reducing external components and PCB footprint
- Complete software stack supporting ZLL, ZHA and 6LoWPAN standards
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions and Kinoma software enabling the "Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle." From mobile communications to storage, Internet of Things (IoT), cloud infrastructure, digital entertainment and in-home content delivery, Marvell's diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of the world's most powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, private and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience.
As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, Kinoma and the M logo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. EZ-Connect is a trademark of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For Further Information Contact:
Marvell Media Relations
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Internet/Web, Pro Audio, Prosumer/Consumer, Business, Programming, Internet, Web, Flash, Microphone, Standards/Initiatives, Authoring/Programming, Internet Media, Workstation/CPU, streaming, Science, Lifestyle, Communications Technology, Internet Technology, Computer Science, Business, Entertainment, Internet, Family, Other,