|Page (1) of 1 - 05/16/13||email article||print page|
Opportunities in Iraq's oil and gas industry discussed at Iraq Energy in Abu Dhabi next weekSheikh Nahayan bin Mabarak Al Nahayan, UAE Minister of Culture, Youth and Community Development to deliver keynote (May 16, 2013)
Iraq Energy 2013/14 event Director, Jinanda Sheth says: "We are honoured that H.H. Sheikh Nahayan will grace us with his presence and insight. He will be joined by H.E. Dr. Khalaf Abdul Samad Khalaf, the Governor of Basra, Dr. Mehdi Hafedh, Member of Parliament and Former Minister of Planning in Iraq, for a truly high-level keynote session, focusing on the increasing business and investment opportunities in Iraq's burgeoning oil and gas sectors.
According to Mr Auday Al Moman, Vice Chairman of the Iraqi Business Council Abu Dhabi: "UAE-based companies have featured heavily in the rebuilding of Iraq's energy sector in recent years and have established the UAE as an oil and gas hub with exceptional readily available products and services that Iraq can easily access."
Iraq Energy 2013/14 is a key industry meeting will bring together organisations looking to increase their footprint in Iraq's lucrative oil and gas market. Attending will be Iraq Ministry of Oil officials, IOC country heads and project leaders, technology, service and equipment providers, EPC contractors, supply chain logistics experts, and financial and legal advisors.
Other confirmed speakers at the event are:
* Dr. Ali Al Mashat, Member of the Prime Minister's Advisory Commission, Prime Minister's Office, Iraq
* H.E. Hamdiyah Al Jaff, President and Chairman, Trade Bank of Iraq
* Andrew McAuslan, Vice President - Negotiations, Upstream Business Development, BP
* Gati Al Jebouri, Senior Vice President, LUKOIL Overseas
* Qian Mingyang, President Assistant, PetroChina Iraq
* Omar Moussa, Vice President Iraq, Schlumberger
* Nateq Balsem Khalafa, Deputy Director General, State Company for Oil Projects (SCOP), Iraq
* Dr. Mustafa Al Jarrah, Senior Iraqi Energy Consultant and Former Director General, State Company for Petrochemicals, Iraq
This event is co-hosted by The Energy Exchange and The Iraqi Business Council Abu Dhabi (IBCAD) and furthermore has the official support of the Embassy of the Republic of Iraq in Abu Dhabi. The Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry is the official Platinum Sponsor.
More programme highlights:
* Increasing Iraq's Oil Production for Export to International Markets
How are the IOCs progressing and are they nearing production targets? Gain insight into the latest on the ground developments, the project phases, contractual commitments and timelines and understand where future opportunities lie for service providers.
* Foreign Investment Requirements and Preferred Financial Models to Fund Growing Production and Infrastructure Demands
- The immediate requirements for building capacity to meet increasing production demands and export requirements
- The financial scenarios for funding multi billion dollar projects and attracting foreign direct investment.
* Project Highlight: Basra - Aqaba Pipeline. Development Plans and Associated Opportunities
Hear a detailed update on the US $18 billion pipeline, to export crude oil from Basra to Jordan's port city of Aqaba. Understand and plan strategies around next steps, timelines and opportunities that will be discussed.
* Highlighting Key Petrochemical Opportunities Enabling Iraq to Compete on an International Scale
- Is there a need for joint ventures and public/private partnerships to forge ahead with petrochemical projects? What is the scale of investment needed to improve the state of the downstream sector?
- Will there be a feedstock subsidy and incentive scheme for investors? Understand how the Investment Commissions can help foster and facilitate foreign investment, from new company registrations to signing contracts
Location: Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Event website: http://www.theenergyexchange.co.uk/iraqenergy
Marketing manager: Malin Mostofi
Mobile: 46 76 3097917.
Related Keywords:Iraq Energy 2013/14, Abu Dhabi, UAE, oil & gas industry, H.H. Sheikh Nahayan bin Mabarak Al Nahayan, Iraqi Business Council Abu Dhabi
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved