|Page (1) of 1 - 02/27/14||email article||print page|
Trunx, The All-In-One Photo App Solution, Releases on Android and Offers More Unlimited Storage(February 27, 2014)
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) February 27, 2014
Trunx, the all-in-one photo app that lets users snap and automatically organize photos and videos and save them directly to the cloud, today announced its cross platform release on Android and an extension of their free storage offer through April 2014.
Likened by users as "a Dropbox with a beautiful, well-organized viewer interface", Trunx lets users capture new photos, videos and Echopix (photos with sound) without touching a phones internal memory. Additionally, users can import photos from Facebook, Instagram, desktops and external drives, housing them in one safe place. Trunx stores both new and existing photos privately in the cloud.
A recent Trunx survey of 1100 respondents including men and women aged 18 and over showed that 70% of millennials store their photos on their phones, while 89% of all respondents had lost digital photos due to damage or software crashes. This points to a pressing need for secure storage of photos and videos and the answer to the question: Where should you store your photos?
Yahoo reports that 880 billion photos will be taken in 2014 and The Age sets the number at 1 trillion. Trunx aims to be the gateway solution to secure these photos and help users save their visual memories forever.
"Our smartphone has become our primary camera, and yet we dont often think about what is happening to our photos and videos--some are shared on social networks, stored on our phone and computer, while other memories are lost forever," said Jeff Chen, CEO of Trunx. "Our research shows that 78% of respondents would use a mobile app that unifies and organizes photos from your phone, social networks and computer in one safe place that's easy to access. Trunx is that place."
Trunx launched with a free storage option until February, but has extended the invitation through April 2014. Users can upload and take as many photos as they want and storage will always be free for those uploaded memories. After April, the company will announce free and affordably priced options on a monthly or yearly subscription basis.
Key features of Trunx include:
- Storage: Trunx syncs all photos from a phone securely to the cloud, freeing up valuable space on an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Android device. Connect phone, desktop, Facebook and Instagram photos and access them anywhere, on all devices.
- Organization: Trunx automatically sorts photos by date and time, making it easy to find specific photos and events. Add personalized tags for quick organization. Imported photos and EchoPix are automatically smart-tagged.
- Security & Privacy: Photos are highly protected with SSL and AES256 encryption technologies upon transmission and storage, plus users can use an additional pin code for extra security.
- High Resolution: Photos will always be stored in their original resolution.
- Unique Features: EchoPix photos are enhanced with sound, helping users relive moments in a special way.
Trunx is an all-in-one camera app that allows users to capture, organize and store photos privately and securely in the cloud. Relive memories like never before while freeing up valuable device storage. The Trunx EchoPix feature creates a whole new photography experience by merging audio recording with pictures, creating a unique and incredible way to tell your life story.
Trunx was founded in 2013 by Lifetime Memori, Inc. with a commitment to bring new cloud-based technologies to market in order to solve real world challenges faced by millions of mobile users worldwide. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Learn more and download at: http://www.trunx.me.
MeekerQuinn for Trunx
Heather Meeker: heather(at)meekerquinn(dot)com 415 310 9551
Carol Quinn: carol(at)meekerquinn(dot)com 310 598 3673
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11622585.htm.